1. The average Hermes scarf measures 90cmx90cm
2. It takes the silk from 250 mulberry moth cocoons to make one scarf
3. Every year two scarf collections are released
4. Hermes even rereleases their vintage motifs
5. The scarves can be worn as shirts, skirts and even a beach cover up, some people are known to even frame them or make then into pillows
Okay, so I have a confession...48 hours ago I knew none of this. It took one random visit to the Hermes store and 15 mins with the wonderful Mya and now Im all polished up on my facts. Mya was even nice enough to show my friend Phlong and I examples of all the different scarf collections, vintage and contemporary.
Below are the pictures of my lesson: Hermes Scarves 101.
This is a classic equestrian motif, the same 90cm x 90cm
except this one is pleated
Mya showing Phlong and I how to wear it tied around the neck
And now as a belt
This is one of the rereleased vintage motifs Astrologie
What do you think? Did you learn something new? What's your favorite Hermes motif??