Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sticky Situation

Yesterday I went to do my bi-weekly beauty maintenence, my eyebrows and nails.  With me still being the new kid on the block I was really exited to find a nail salon where I am 110% satisfied with my nails.  They are growing healthy and strong and I would recommend this place to anyone in the area.  Well yesterday I finally talked myself into trying something new with my nails! Yess!! Starting the new year right trending! So the day before yesterday me and my Lucy went to K-Mart to kill some time and I came across the cutest
Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips.  They are perfect! A champange color that compliments my skin color so I don't have to worry about being out of regs while in uniform. Which might I add...it is not easy trying to be stylish while in the Military!
 
So lets fast forward back to yesterday at the salon.  I'm all amped up ready to get these put on my nails so I can rock them before I go on leave! Go mmeeee, I'm ccuutteee!! Please tell me why she REFUSED to put them on!! "They're like putting on stickers", is what she tells me. Ex-squeeze me??? Last time I checked Sally Hansen has been doing their thing for years.  I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing by now. Don't get me wrong, I respect her as a business woman but I'm not looking to get Minx, I want my Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips that I paid $8.99 for.
 

 
Long story short I didn't get them put on yet.  I'm going to DIM right before I go home on leave.  I was motivated to share this with you because today while I was at work browsing through my Elle iPhone app (working hard ofcourse) I came across this UK based company called
NAIL ROCK, and would ya look at there...they do the EXACT same thing that my Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips (...ddeeepppp breath) do.
 
 
So ladies, the morale to this story is stay Tru to yourself, who cares what other people think, stickers or not...it's stylish!! 
 
Until Next Time
                      ...Certified TruGlam

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Fashions fade, style is eternal" Yves Saint Laurent